Monday, January 7, 2008

Read & Feed and a Visit from Nathan

AM Class

We held our first Read & Feed of the year on the last day of the first semester. A Read & Feed is when students bring snacks, drinks, and books and read and feed for the whole period. The last day of the semester was an early release day, but our students enjoyed this assignment-free activity even though the periods were much shorter. I believe Read & Feeds are just one more way children can find pleasure in reading.

PM Class

PM Class

A highlight of the day was when my one and only nephew Nathan stopped by for a visit. Nathan is the son of my sister Carla and Mrs. Gunn's cousin Todd Hood. The Hoods are missionaries to Jamaica, and they were able to come home for Christmas this year. My students hear me talk about Nathan so much they should be sick of it, but they all seemed so happy to meet him. Nathan, who is a first-grader at Montego Bay Christian Academy, made himself at home and read a couple of books himself. It was a special day in many ways and the perfect ending to the semester.

Nathan reading The Tub People's Christmas

Nothin' better!

Chance, thanks for taking an interest in Nathan and making him feel right at home!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI AGAIN MR.BLOUNT ITS CHANCE AND NICK

Anonymous said...

when will the class read the DELTORA series

your student,


Fidelis[a.k.a Chance]

Nathan's Uncle said...

Hi Chance! So glad you are using our class blog. There's probably not much of a "chance" that our whole class will read a Deltora book, much less a series. I pretty much have all of the books selected for our focus titles. But I'm happy you have found a series you like, and a series you have helped to catch the interest of other students. Thanks also for Elephant Run! You are a generous and good-hearted young man . . . . Mr. B.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I was absent.I got sick.and 1 more thing i might start righting a book do u think i should? can u give your opinion.

your student


Fidelis

Nathan's Uncle said...

We missed you today, Fidelis. Of course I think you should write a book if you have a good idea. Talk to me about it tomorrow during tell me, ask me, give me time.

Mr. B.

Anonymous said...

Thanks will do.And u r welcome for letting Nathan feel right at home,but i think i oh him a thank u for showing me how to right a C on the board.My inspired me was when we were highlighting and talking about genres.1 more thing like the nickname.

your student,

Fidelis

Anonymous said...

I got Colton and Billy to read Dragons of Deltora. Colton has read all 4 in a matter of 2-5 weeks when it took me a few months amazing right .If u r wondering how they got the book?I let them borough them.Billy is on #2.So Deltora is spreading.U r welcome for Elephant run.

your student,

Fidelis
p.s. love blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey mr.blount its sarah from class last year chance told me about this and i just wanted to say that it is no fair we didnt get to meet nathan! oh well but cahnce said that he was nice!

Love Sarah

Anonymous said...

hey mr.blount its 10:50 at night and im hungrey and bord so i was wondering if we can have another read and feed before school end(in about five and a half days!!!!!!!)and maybe read PEAK for our reading part!

georgette salem

Anonymous said...

hi my peeps wats going on im going to barbados next week!


your former student,

Fidelis