Monday, January 7, 2008

It's FCAT Time Again!

When students return on Tuesday, January 8, we will begin hitting the Reading Sunshine State Standards hard in preparation for the 2008 FCAT. We will also be learning to write expository essays to prepare for Hillsborough Writes! Although we have introduced much of the content in the first half of the school year, this is the time we must buckle down in order to do our best on these state and district assessments.

Parents, please make sure your children are setting aside time for daily independent reading and also working on FCAT Explorer. It is my goal that all my students complete the Reading Island module that focuses on 6th grade benchmarks. I also encourage students to go further and complete the Reading Boardwalk module that addresses 8th grade benchmarks. All of my students are in advanced classes and should be able to handle the material. My students have been given their sign-in names and passwords, and they can access FCAT Explorer from any computer. Let's blow the FCAT out of the water this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NNNNOOOOOOOO!
I don't want to do FCAT!I hate the fact that we have to sit and read a bunch of balony we will never use again in our lives.Why do we need to know "authors' purpose?"I can't think of a single job except for a L.A. teacher that will use "authors' purpose."It just doesn't make any sense to me.

-Holly