Friday, February 22, 2008

Nightjohn

Book Cover

During the next few weeks our class will be doing a unit of study on Black History and the Civil Rights Movement. As part of our study we will be reading the book Nightjohn by Gary Paulsen, one of our favorite authors. I will be showing the class the movie Nightjohn based on the book of the same title. I have shown this outstanding Disney/Hallmark television movie to my class for many years, but it was brought to my attention recently that the movie is rated PG-13 for some scenes of racial oppression and abuse.

School board policy requires written parent permission for your child to view this film during class. Permission slips were sent home with students on Friday. Please return the signed permission slip by Monday, February 25. Students who do not return the permission slip will be given an alternative assignment. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at 757-9400 ex. 306 or email me at roland.blount@sdhc.k12.fl.us.

DVD Cover

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope this book is really good because it looks interesting.

Anonymous said...

hey mr.blount i see alot of new stuff. thats cool i would type a comment on all of them but im to lazy!lol
i cant wait tell we see the movie nihgtjohn .because i love our civil right unit!
georgette

Anonymous said...

I am really sick with a fever and yesterday morning at 5 a.m. I had a fever, headache, and I also threw-up and that night i had a really bad fever so thats why i didn't go to school. I am also cooped up in a house with little sis and bro so don't think I'm at home relaxing, and did u get my new blog comment?

your student,

Fidelis

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Blount
After we read the book Night John I cant wait until we see the movie.
The book showed me some things that i had no idea of that happened in the slavery time such as the them cutting of toes. Also by the way the book was really short.

Anonymous said...

Mr.Blount the movie about night john was realy cool.But very different from the movie i could right away tell the diffrences.The book and the movie were both really good.

Andrea T.

Anonymous said...

I liked the movie Nightjohn,but I liked the book better the book and the movie are very different.

Anonymous said...

Hannah was here :0

Anonymous said...

hey Mr.Blount it's Landon and I just wanted to say hi and that I love the pictures of Medievel Times

Anonymous said...

hey *I enjoyed the last days

krislyn said...

hey mr.blount this is krislyn,i hope you first 4 days of school was good. i know mine was. ok, well have a really great school year i will come and vist you some time this year!!!!bye.

krislyn said...

hey mr.blount this is krislyn,i hope you first 4 days of school was good. i know mine was. ok, well have a really great school year i will come and vist you some time this year!!!!bye.