Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mr. Blount's Classroom Goes Online



Since school started this year I have been attempting to find an electronic communication medium to suit the needs of my classroom. At first, I thought I would be able to start a class blog similar to my three personal blogs. It would be relatively simple to update the site regularly from school. Unfortunately, “personal networking sites” are blocked on school computers. So, I attempted to get special approval to unblock either a specific hosting address or my classroom computer. Categorically denied! Then, I tried to become a blogger on Scholastic.com, but alas they had already selected their five teachers for this year. My next attempt was to create a homeroom page on Scholastic.com, but the miniscule limits on uploads shot that down. I don’t really care for the format and features of the Tomlin Middle School official site, so I went back to square one and decided to initiate a class web site at blogger.com and run it from home. It will require more work for me, but hopefully I won’t run into anymore roadblocks, and we can get this thing up and running.

7 comments:

apple said...

I love it. Its a beautiful blog! (colors, graphic etc.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr.Blount,it's Ian.I just arrived on your blog and it's spectacular.It was so cool how you posted up the scholastic book clubs for December.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mr. Blount for taking the energy and time that you invest in our children, it shows! Parents of Jack Sims

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Blount this is Jack and I was wondering if you could post a picture of every student with their name if thats o.k. Do we have to take the FCAT's?

Nathan's Uncle said...

Jack, I will post most students' pictures on the blog eventually. You will just have to be patient, and remember blogging takes a lot of time. But I think it's worth it. And yes, you know we have to take the FCAT. Thanks for visiting the blog and leaving a comment. Mr. B.

Anonymous said...

hey mr.blount,this is georgette i was wondering, how you can look up a book at scholastic book club online.can you tell me on tuesday.

Anonymous said...

hey mr.blount, i like your blog! im so happy that i can see what my child does in class.

cloudia